Friday, March 18, 2011

2 Year Gotcha Day!!

Happy 2 year Gotcha Day my sweet girl! I can't believe 2 years ago today we met our daughter for the first time. It feels like she has been with us forever....we have been talking about this day with her all week and she is very excited to celebrate her special day. We will again go to our favorite Chinese restaurant to celebrate.

This morning she woke up and I said "happy special day" and she said "it's finally here do I get presents??" A girl after my own heart....

Wow how she has grown up over this last year....she is a happy, sweet girl with a very stubborn side like her Mama. She still loves to sing and dance. She sings all day long and music is a big part of her life. Even when she's playing by herself she is always singing. She still takes dance class and is very excited as they prepare for their recital as she loves being on the stage! She still does gymnastics, swim class, and Chinese class. Recently she started taking piano after asking me for months I finally made arrangements. She loves it and even practices everyday, which I remember as a kid was the worst part! She enjoyed skiing with her Baba and big brother Cole this winter and really took to it.

This past year was a great year for Lexie and all of us. She made a seamless transition to her Pre-K class, enjoyed Mexico, experienced NYC, enjoyed Cape Cod, celebrated her 5th birthday, loved Hanukkah and Christmas and many more things. She just went through her Kindergarten screening which I can't believe she will be moving on to her brother's school in the fall. Cole is very excited to show Lexie the ropes at Cottage. She still is in awe of her big brother...,They are best buddies! It amazes me how wonderful Cole is with her. Always looking out for her and making sure she is O.K.

Wow the time has flown by. We feel so lucky to have Lexie as our daughter!! Happy 2 year Gotcha Day sweet baby!



No comments: